misabellC Tour (^.^=)

free counters

giovedì 27 marzo 2008

My way







P. Anka, J. Revaux, G. Thibault, C. Frankois



Recorded December 30, 1968, Hollywod






And now, the end is near;



And so I face the final curtain.



My friend, Ill say it clear,



Ill state my case, of which Im certain.



Ive lived a life thats full.



Ive traveled each and evry highway;



And more, much more than this,



I did it my way.



Regrets, Ive had a few;



But then again, too few to mention.



I did what I had to do



And saw it through without exemption.



I planned each charted course;



Each careful step along the byway,



But more, much more than this,



I did it my way.



Yes, there were times,



Im sure you knew



When I bit off more than I could chew.



But through it all, when there was doubt,



I ate it up and spit it out.



I faced it all and I stood tall;



And did it my way.



Ive loved, Ive laughed and cried.



Ive had my fill; my share of losing.



And now, as tears subside,



I find it all so amusing.



To think I did all that;



And may I say - not in a shy way,



No, oh no not me,I did it my way.



For what is a man, what has he got?



If not himself, then he has naught.



To say the things he truly feels;



And not the words of one who kneels.



The record shows I took the blows -And did it my way!

Nessun commento: